33rd General Assembly of AIPA
THE 33rd ASEAN INTER-PARLIAMENTARY ASSEMBLY (AIPA) GENERAL ASSEMBLY
IN MATARAM, LOMBOK, NUSA TENGGARA BARAT, INDONESIA
16-22 SEPTEMBER 2012
DRAFT AGENDA ITEMS
"Strengthening the Parliamentary Roles towards ASEAN Community 2015"
- Encouraging ASEAN Member States to actualize the initiated concepts on enhancing public awareness and promoting participation of civil sociaety in ASEAN Community Building;
- Solution to the South China Sea Problem;
- Report of the 20th ASEAN Summit held in Phnom Penh, Cambodia (proposed by Cambodia);
- Enhancing Regional Efforts & Cooperation against Money Laundering
- Creating a Green Economy in the context of sustainable development;
- Adopting strategies for proverty eradication and an institutional framework for sustainable development;
- Ensuring better access to technology, market and especially financing, such as internationally-funded programs through regional programs for Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs).
- Enhancing public awareness and promoting public participation in programs related to disaster risk reduction and emergency response to promote community resilience to disasters;
- Promoting the development and transfer of low-carbon and other environment-friendly technology research;
- Report of the Ninth Meeting of AIFOCOM held in Indonesia and proposed Format of Country and Parliamentary Progress Report as mandated by the Ninth Meeting of AIFOCOM.
WOMEN PARLIAMENTARIANS OF AIPA (WAIPA)
- Supporting the ASEAN Member States in Strengthening their collaboration in implementing the MDGs roadmap to narrow development gaps within and among ASEAN Member States;
- The role of women parliamentarians in enhancing pro-women policies in the fields of economics, health and education;
- Enhancing capacity building and specific and relevant skills training for women in the rural areas.
- Draft Resolution on the Secretariat’s Annual Report FY 2011-2012;
- Report of the 4th AIPA Caucus held in Thailand
- Draft Resolution on the Secretariat’s Financial Reports for periods 1st July 2011 to 30th September 2011, 1st October 2010 to 30th September 2011, 1st October 2011 to 30th June 2012 and estimated expenditure for 1st July 2012 to 30th September 2012;
- Draft Resolution on the AIPA Secretariat’s Budget Proposal for the period 1st October 2012 to 30th September 2013 (FY 2012/2013)
- Draft Resolution on the Establishment of Technical Working Group under AIFOCOM
- The Secretary General’s Term of Office;
- Draft Resolution on the Proposal of the ASEAN-Wildlife Enforcement Network and Freeland Foundation for a technical cooperation with the AIPA to develop a “green legislative agenda” to save from further decline ASEAN’s bio-diversity;
- Establishment Cooperation between AIPA and ASEAN Foundation
- Relation and Cooperation between AIPA and Pan African Parliament
- Draft Resolution on the Date and Venue of the 34th AIPA General Assembly;
- Draft Resolution Appreciating the Services of His Excellency Dr. H. Marzuki Alie as AIPA President from October 2011 to September 2012;
- Other Matters.
TOPIC FOR DIALOGUE WITH DIALOG PARTNERS
- Strengthening human resource development and capacity building;
- Promote collaborates research and strategy transfer in agriculture, food and forestry procedure;
- Energy issues and environmental aspects;
- Strengthening efforts to address climate change adaptation needs;
- Increasing Parliamentary Cooperation between AIPA Members and Observers;
- Multi-lateral dialogue on related issues on South China Sea
Attach File 1: Draft Agenda Items (pdf)